Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!


(Stamps: Blended Bloom, Teeny Tiny Wishes. Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Rich Razzleberry. Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White. Accessories: Rich Razzleberry & Old Olive Blendabilities, Brights Designer Buttons, White Baker's Twine, SNAIL Adhesive, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, and of course paper snips)

I would like to say Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there. My mother is the most amazing woman I know. I have always looked up to her and strive to be more like her. She is kind, patient, giving, intelligent, beautiful, and just about as close to June Clever as it gets. She dedicated her life to making sure our family was taken care of and happy. She still does this today, even though she has no obligation to. My mom is just a special person, my words can't do her justice.

This is the card that I made for her this year. Hopefully she gets home from church and opens it before peaking at my blog. This was my first try at using the all new Blendabilities markers. It is a clean and simple card, but there is nothing simple about it.

I started by using the Blendabilities markers to color in Blended Bloom, one petal at a time. I cut the flower(no die for this one) and used Dimensionals to adhere to a piece of Whisper White. The Dimensionals give it just the right amount of pop. Before threading the White Baker's Twine through the button, I took my medium and dark shades of Rich Razzleberry to it. I had to try it. I hear it works well on the organza ribbon, can't wait to give that a try. If you attempt to color anything that is slow to absorb, like ribbon or thread, use care in handling it until it is dry. It can take a few minutes to an hour, depending on the material colored. 

I adhered the white to a square of Rich Razzleberry with SNAIL, then adhered both to the 4 1/2"x 4 1/2" card with glue dots, just to keep it from being to flat. I added the threaded button with 2 glue dots to finish it off. 

A note on the coloring: This was my first attempt at using the markers. While the blending went well, you can see that not a lot of thought was given to shading and highlighting. I take no shame in it. We all start somewhere. A lot of my friends have yet to share their work anywhere online, and I think they do beautiful work that should be shared with the world. I'm hoping that sharing my not even close to perfect work can help inspire those of you who are still holding back to inspire some of your work. 

Thanks for looking. And again, a big thanks to all of the moms out there for being the glue that holds this world together! I love you, Mom!


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Kathryn! I CASEd your card and cited your website on my blog today. It's here: http://www.elizabethsstamproom.blogspot.com/2014/05/rich-razzleberry-blendabilities.html

    ReplyDelete