Sunday, May 25, 2014

Cornering Vivid Vases

I created this card for the sketch challenge over at Pals Paper Arts. I was a bit intimidated by the challenge when I saw it earlier in the week, and was actually thinking of skipping it. When I started playing around with different ways to configure the Vivid Vases image, I had a bit of a light bulb.


For my card, I chose to use a technique I call "cornering" to ink my stamp. I'm sure there is a real term for it, but I call it cornering, because you color the part of the stamp you want to use with the corner of your ink pad, using it like a marker. If you look at the image, you'll notice that I reconfigured my 3 vases a bit. A stamp-a-ma-jig is required to do this. I wanted two of the same vases on my ends, so I made it work. Normally I'd just use paper piecing to do this, but I wanted to try something different. I was tempted to use paper piecing after the coloring didn't turn out so well on this. I put my Blendabilities down for a week, and I swear I forgot how to use them. My 3 year old breaking into them to "make pretty blue dots" on the 8 rows of vases I'd stamped was not a huge help. This combo was good enough for me. I'll work on perfection when I can sit down more comfortably and the kids are in school. Supplies used listed below image. Thanks for looking! Have a blessed week!



Supplies are Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted.

Momento Tuxedo Black Ink #132708(Available June 2nd)
Blendabilities Markers(Available mid-summer)
Lacey Circles Nestabilites(by Spellbinder)
 
 




2 comments:

  1. Kathryn, this is just stunning! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful. Love your color choice. Thank you for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week! Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete