Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Keeping it Clean & Simple With Stampin' Up's Blendabilites

When I think Blendabilities, or Copics for that matter, images of beautifully detailed flowers enter my head. Since I prefer clean & simple cards, I've always thought that alcohol markers just weren't for me. I couldn't make a shabby chic or collage card if I tried. I'm also terrible at using traditional coloring methods like watercoloring. I wasn't expecting to love Blendabilities as much as I now do. I ordered them with the expectation that they would end up collecting dust with the Copics that I bought in 2011. I am so glad that I tried something new! They are now my favorite crafting tool.

I've wanted to make this card since I bought the Countless Sayings I photopolymer set. I even colored it in on a practice sheet that I stamped when I first got my Blendabilities. This card goes to show that in just 5 minutes or less you can still make a card that isn't boring. I toyed with the idea of adding sequins or enamel dots, but I wanted something that could be created with very little cost. You could make an entire set of these cards in less than an hour. 

If you still are on the fence about Blendabilities, I would recommend starting with 2 or 3 colors. My favorites to work with are Cherry Cobbler, Rich Razzleberry, and Daffodil Delight. I love all of them, but I found these to be a bit easier to work with when I had no clue of how to use them.

Also, if you're just starting out and finding that you're having trouble blending, I would recommend trying the Copic Mini Pack card stock or Xpress Blending Card. I was unable to do much of anything on Whisper White when I first started out. I switched to Xpress Blending Card and found it much easier. Once I was able to color an image with some degree of confidence, I found it much easier to color on Whisper White. Just a tip, I know I'm probably not supposed to recommend anything but Stampin' Up product, but I want you to learn to love your Blendabilities. If it takes using a different brand of card stock, I don't see the harm.





All supplies from Stampin' Up!

Stamp: Countless Sayings I Photopolymer
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Cherry Cobbler & Whisper White Card Stock
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities, Dimensionals 
 

http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?categoryid=1841&dbwsdemoid=2139235

No comments:

Post a Comment