Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Creating Custom Project Life Cards

My love of paper crafting started with traditional scrapbooking in 2005. Since the first few months, I haven't finished any pages. I have a bad habit of not finishing things, especially things that require me to use a printer to print photos. I wasn't overly excited about Project Life, but ordered the Everyday Adventure kit and one of the stamp sets just to try it out. I found it far less intimidating, as I could add things at my leisure. Since the preorder in May I have finished 6 "pages" and plan on doing many more. Having the ability to make custom cards that match the ones in the package has made Project Life even more exciting for me.

 I found the idea on Pinterest, so I'm not claiming ownership of the concept. I can't believe how much fun this is! The Project Life stamp sets are great for creating custom Project Life cards that will match the packaged sets. In the photos below I have the ones that I created on the right, with one from the box on the left just to show how well they match. All you need is ink, stamps, and some dies to cut out masks. Beyond that there really are no limits!

If you want to try scrapbooking, this is a great place to start! The kits work great for journals, too. I'm currently working on one with my daughter. Project Life is a great project to work on with the kids, which is great if you feel a little bit guilty for not letting your kids color with you when you're using your shiny new markers, as I did. More importantly, it's a great way to keep the memories documented and pass them down to further generations.



All supplies Stampin' Up unless noted

Stamps: Borderettes, Remember This, Geek is the New Chic(A-Muse Studio)
Ink: StaZon Jet Black, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie, Strawberry Slush
Paper: Whisper White
Accessories: Ovals Framelit Dies(to create mask), Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits Dies, Sizzix Big Shot


http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?categoryid=1800&dbwsdemoid=2139235
 

No comments:

Post a Comment